******* Policy Update- Reintroduction of Stage 3 Lockdown July 2020 ******
While we continue to provide veterinary care during the reintroduction of stage 3 lockdowns, we have made the following changes to our schedule and clinic procedure.
- From Thursday 9/7/20 the clinic will close at 6pm during the week until further notice. We will remain open as normal on weekends- Saturday 9-5pm and Sunday 10-3pm.
- There will be a limit on the number of adult vaccination booster appointments we can offer each day. If your pet is due for vaccination during lockdown, you will still receive your reminders. We will not be taking appointments for nail clips until further notice.
- Entry into the clinic will be reserved for appointments only. When you arrive for your appointment, please call to notify our staff and you will be brought into our waiting room. The vet will consult with you in the waiting room at a safe distance. Your pet will then be brought through to the consultation room for their exam while you remain in the waiting room.
- There is a strict limit of 2 people in our waiting room at one time. Please do not aim to arrive early for your appointment and we ask that you do not bring other people with you.
- If necessary, you may be asked to wait in your car or outside. Please ensure you have your phone with you as we will need to contact you.
- For all food and medication purchases, please call the clinic and our staff will assist you outside.
- All repeat medication, food and supply orders can be made via phone, facebook or email.
All staff at St Kilda Veterinary Clinic greatly appreciate your understanding and support and thank you for your co-operation.
Stem Cell Therapy- Available Now!
Stem cell therapies have been developed to treat a number of conditions in dogs, cats and horses including arthritis, degenerative joint disorders and tendon, ligament and cartilage injuries.
Stem cell therapies have been shown to substantially improve quality of life by reducing inflammation and pain, leading to increased mobility. Treatment is given injection either intra-articular (in the joint) or intravenously (into the vein). Results provided by Magellan Stem Cells report reduced pain and increased mobility in 90% of cases, with results usually within 5 months of the stem cell therapy. Clients of ours report an overwhelmingly positive improvement in their pet’s quality of life.
The cost of stem cell therapy is less than you may expect. The price varies depending on the therapy selected, the size of the patient and any pre-requisite tests required.
If you would like to discuss your pet’s suitability for stem cell therapy, please get in touch to make an appointment with one of our vets. Alternatively, visit www.veterinarystemcells.com.au for more information.
Have You Heard of Openpay?
Openpay allows you to pay for your vet visits and expensive surgical procedures in manageable weekly or fortnightly installments WITHOUT INTEREST!
You can select this payment method for bills of $100 up to $7000. Set up is quick and simple and is easily processed on the spot.
Online Store- Now Available!
Your trusted pet products are now available online through Vets Love Pets! Register online now and received exclusive discounts with "Pet Parent Pricing". Shopping for your pet made easy with fast delivery and huge savings! Simply follow these steps:
1. Visit www.vetslovepets.com.au.
2. Click "Register" and enter in your information.
3. Select St Kilda Veterinary Clinic in the "Vet Practice" field.
4. Start shopping!
***All orders over $49.00 receive FREE SHIPPING!***
Parasite Prevention Program
Do you sometimes lose track of what parasite preventatives you should be giving to your pet and when?
Have you ever forgotten to give your pet their regular parasite prevention on time?
Do you wish there was a more affordable and cost effective way to pay for your pet's parasite prevention?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions then the Parasite Prevention Program is the solution. This service allows you to pay for your pet's parasite control monthly, spreading out the yearly expense into more manageable installments. Payments are made by direct debit from your nominated bank account or credit card with no lock in contract, meaning you can cancel anytime without penalty!
Your pet's treatment will be sent directly to your door. There is even a discount for multi-pet households! For more information, or to sign up for the PPP service, click on the image below or give us a call!
Our dedicated team is always here for your pets.
Our Veterinary Hospital provides modern, professional and affordable health care for your pets. We aim to make your pet feel at ease in our clinic with a caring and gentle approach to treatment and consultations. Our dedicated staff and leading veterinarians are all passionate about pets and avid animal lovers.
At the St Kilda Veterinary Clinic, you will be fully supported with sound advice first and foremost. We know that helping our clients starts with providing a good understanding of health care issues and treatment options. With good advice and professional recommendations, you will be well equipped to make the best ongoing health care decisions for your pet.
With fully equipped examination rooms, diagnostic machines and pharmaceutical stores we provide on-the-spot assistance for nearly all pet health and medical needs. Take a moment to meet our team and our own pets. We look forward to seeing you and your pet again at the next scheduled visit.
A big part of our local community
Our Veterinary Hospital has been an integral part of our local community for years. In that time, we’ve helped thousands of our clients cats & dogs, rabbits & guinea pigs, birds, horses and even a few snakes. Being so strongly integrated with our local community is important to us and our clients. Our customers know by experience that they can rely on us for sound advice and treatment options and that their pet is in the very best hands with our team.